Best Writing Checker Apps: Edit Your Paper Just in a Few Minutes
If you are working on a paper, you are probably using the writing tutor grammar checker in order to make sure your text is free from mistakes. There are many different writing tools you can choose for that purpose, and it can be difficult to choose the right one. Here in this article, you can learn more about how to choose the best program to edit your papers as well as read the top 5 writing checker apps for correcting your grammar, style, and punctuation.
Top 5 apps for checking grammar
There are many different writing checker apps that can help writers improve their writing. Such apps might give suggestions, correct common errors, and point at negative sides of your text. With such an online program, you can review your work and make it better. Here is a list of apps every writer should check out:
- Grammarly. It is hard to imagine a list that would not contain the Grammarly app. It detects all kinds of errors: grammar, spelling, the structure of a sentence, punctuation, and even writing style. You can paste your text in the document or just start writing it there. You can also use Grammarly to write messages and emails.
- WhiteSmoke. It is one of the best tools for checking your text, and it will not only check your grammar and punctuation but will also give a grade to your paper and suggestion on how to improve your paper. It will rate your sentences, word choice, and will correct all kinds of mistakes.
- LanguageTool. If you write in different languages and would like to check your works as well, then this checker is what you need. In order to use the app, you have to download specific software in order to be able to check your text on a computer.
- Hemingway App. This program will check your text and will tell you which parts of it are redundant. It can also point at some words that it is best not to use in the paper, and you will be able to substitute them with better synonyms.
- SpellCheckPlus. As you can see it from the name, this proofreading tool is great if you want to make sure that you spell all the words correctly. There are free and paid versions of the app. If you want to make sure your paper is flawless, try SpellCheckPlus without hesitation.
How to choose the best grammar checker?
There are many things that should be taken into account when you are deciding which app you should use. Here is a list of some tips that will help you find the best app:
- Consider the price of the service you are going to use. What is your budget and how much are you ready to pay for it? There are different types of plans you can choose from. If you need a grammar checker that will be able to run deep checks every day, then it is best to get the pro version. But if you are not going to use the app very often, get a cheaper version.
- Think about the features. The app you decide to choose should be able to provide you with the set of features you need in order to run a successful check of the essay or paper. Some of the features you might be offered are online editor, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation checks, etc.
- Check if it is possible to work with the app while you are using other programs, for example, Google Docs. Some apps offer browser integration, and if you use your browser a lot, you should definitely get an app that is compatible with it.
- Decide which type of program you want to get. There are apps that work offline and online. If you don’t always have access to the internet but need to keep writing even if there is no connection, then it is best to get an offline app too.
- Ask yourself if this app is easy for you to use. It is important since your comfort depends on this factor. How quickly can the program review your writing? Is the navigation through the program is easy for you?
Tips how to check the grammar by yourself
Proofreading might take some time, but this is how you will avoid some common mistakes you didn’t notice. Here are some recommendations you should use:
- Ask someone you know to read your paper and share their feedback with you. This way, you might get ideas on how it is best to write your essay and maybe change it.
- Write more than one draft of your paper. You will create a few versions of your text, so you will be able to choose the best one after you are done. Also, creating a few drafts will help to make your writing even better.
- Look for repetitions. If you repeat some of your words and ideas too much, the paper will not be easy to read, and the potential reader might be confused, so remove all the sentences that repeat often.
- Make sure you did not make any grammar and punctuation mistakes. To create a nice paper, you should double-check if it does not contain any errors you haven’t seen.
- Read your writing out loud. If you do it, you will be able to detect some of the mistakes you have skipped before. This will help you to perfect your writing.
- You can also use writing services like Prohighgrades.com in order to edit your paper. Such companies will be able to help you out with finding mistakes you did not notice, as well as make sure the style and structure of your paper are fine.
Use the online checker wisely
If you decide to use the writing tutor vocabulary checker, keep in mind it will not be able to detect all the possible mistakes. Don’t forget to read the paper by yourself as well, so you would be able to find the errors the program could not see. Such tools are great when it comes to editing and proofreading, but reading the paper yourself is important too.