8 Best WordPress Plugins for your Blog (2018)
Undoubtedly, WordPress plugins offer a number of functionalities and flexibilities to WordPress. Plugins actually make WordPress the best CMS ever. Web Design and Development companies like Intlum are always looking for the best plugins for their users. Honestly, there are a number of great plugins to use and the list is never-ending.
Here is the list of 8 best WordPress plugins you should have on your blog. These plugins will add awesome functionality to your site and make it ‘great’. This list provides a complete solution to your WordPress site. Most of these curated plugins are available in both Free and Premium versions. A freemium plugin is a free plugin with an upgrading option to the premium version for advanced features.
1. Akismet (Freemium)
Very few names have left a long-lasting impression; fortunately, Akismet is one such. This is one of the best WordPress plugins that almost every other person installs.
Akismet is basically a spam-filtering plugin that filters out the spam comments. Some of its features include:
• It constantly monitors the comment section and the contact form submissions to filter out all those spammy contents.
• It can detect the hidden, broken, or mysterious URLs even when you are offline.
• Moderators or Admins can see the number of approved comments for every commenter.
Akismet is one such plugin that was developed by the WordPress team. So, it is kind of a default plugin for every WordPress users. Well! Akismet is available in both Free and Premium options. And, of course! Premium version offers advanced security solutions.
So, if protection of users’ comments is your primary concern, then you need this WordPress plugin for your site.
2. Yoast SEO (Freemium)
Honestly, whether you own a personal blog or a full-fledged website, you need to do search engine optimization. Yoast SEO is one such WordPress plugin that has been associated with WordPress since 2008. At the time of writing, Yoast has over millions of active users across the globe.
This official plugin comes with an endless power-packed tool-set. We have tried to curate some of them.
• Advanced level XML sitemap.
• Well! Not only users, Google loves Breadcrumbs too. And, Yoast SEO has made enabling Breadcrumbs easy.
• Google would not penalize you again because Yoast provides Canonical URLs to avoid the use of duplicate content.
• Give your site a Title and a Meta Description for easy visibility on search engine.
These are some of the most important features of Yoast SEO. One of the biggest reasons for its popularity is its user-friendly interface. Especially if you are new to WordPress, it would provide you with a full guideline. So that, you can keep writing beautiful contents. Readability and Keyword planning are a couple of the important features of Yoast for sure. All of these features make Yoast SEO one of the best WordPress plugins of all time.
3. Jetpack (Freemium)
Jetpack is an all-in-one solution for a site. Like the other two, this plugin is also developed by the WordPress team. This plugin helps you with design, marketing, and security.
The following features come with Jetpack automatically.
• Hundreds of professional designs and themes to choose from.
• Faster mobile experience.
• Simplistic PayPal payment buttons.
• Site statistics and analysis.
• Automatic social media sharing. In fact, admins can schedule a particular post.
• SEO tools for every search engine ever.
Jetpack is undoubtedly one of the best WordPress plugins of recent times. At the present time of writing, it has more than 5 million active installations. If security and productivity are in your mind, then Jetpack is your destiny.
4. W3 Total Cache (Freemium)
Well! These days, users are quite interested in page loading speed. The faster a site loads, the longer a user stays on the page. W3 Total Cache has come up to help you improve the page loading speed. There are thousands of prominent sites that use this plugin. It is packed with the following benefits.
• It improves search engine ranking.
• Helps in faster loading on mobiles.
• Sites improve at least 10 times better than before.
• The conversion rate is improved; thus, Google’s ranking gets improved too.
• Enables browser caching.
• Overall, web server performance improves.
W3 Total Cache is one of the best WordPress plugins for caching. It is a versatile plugin that helps maintain the overall health of a site. Reduced loading time and high conversion rates are enough to give you more traffic and better ranking on search engines.
5. Wordfence Security (Freemium)
Protection of site from security threats has become an integral part of a successful website. Well! Wordfence Security does the work for you. It is one of the most popular and the best WordPress plugins that provides firewall and security scanning. Among endless features, the following are the most important for sure. Have a look.
• This web application firewall has the ability to identify and block malicious traffics at the instant.
• It provides a real-time security to ward-off all the major and minor security threats.
• It has a feature named IP Blacklist that can block unwanted and malicious spammy IP addresses. That leads to reducing site loading time.
• In fact, the integrated malware scanner can protect the site by blocking suspicious codes or contents.
So, save your site from possible attackers and other security threats by simply installing Wordfence Security plugin. It is simply the best firewall application plugin at this present time.
6. Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights (FREE)
Well! Now adding Google Analytics to your site has become easy. This WordPress plugin is a complete package that is packed with a number of important features.
MosnterInsights helps you to connect your WordPress site with Google Analytics. You can easily check your visitor statistics using this wonderful plugin. This plugin offers you some of the following features:
• Easy setup of Google Analytics. So, you don’t need to have any coding knowledge.
• Real-time statistics and an Analytics Dashboard. So, monitor your site’s overall performance at a glance.
• It also provides Universal Tracking across all devices and platforms along with the page-level analytics.
At this present age, with more than 2 million active installations, this is definitely one of the finest WordPress plugins for sure.
7. Redirection (FREE)
Have you recently migrated your site and most of your pages are showing 404 error? Then probably, this is the plugin that you need right now. It is one of the simplest and the best WordPress plugins for redirection.
This plugin is with WordPress for more than 10 years on the row and has been recommended for a countless number of times. And, it’s free! Awesome, isn’t it?
This stunning plugin is fully loaded with these following features.
• It has a hassle-free redirect manager which is easy to understand. So, no separate knowledge on Nginx or Apache is required.
• Apart from direct redirects, you also get the options for conditional redirects like Login Status, Browser, Cookies, Referrer, HTTP Headers, and Custom Filter.
• Tracking of 404 Errors.
Well! These are just a few features of this versatile plugin. With its simplest interface and more than 1 million active installations, Redirection has become quite a popular plugin for sure.
8. Google XML Sitemaps (FREE)
For better visibility on search engines, one needs to index the site. A sitemap helps the engines to crawl and retrieve all the information of a particular site at one place for users. And, here comes the importance of sitemaps. Things have become much easier now. Google XML Sitemaps is one of the top WordPress plugins for the generation of sitemaps.
This plugin has been the support system for many since the last 9 years, which is striking for sure.
This particular plugin has been released under the license of GPL (General Public License), so it is absolutely free for any personal or commercial use.
Once you activate this plugin, it automatically generates an XML sitemap. So, this plugin is absolutely hassle-free and thus, simply the best.
With the help of all these 8 WordPress plugins which are the first choices of almost every Web Development company, you can make your WordPress site the best. These are flexible and customizable at the same time. So, if you haven’t already installed these plugins on your WordPress site, this is high time to do so in order to take your site multiple steps ahead to success.