Google Classroom can be utilized by any eLearning professionals and online educators who have already created a Google Apps for Education account for free. In essence, Google Classroom is designed to give online facilitators, content creators and educators the ability to go paperless and centralize their eLearning materials in one cloud-based location.
The great thing about Google Classroom is that all of its perks, such as organizing and managing online content and assignments, providing a safe environment for both online facilitators and learners to communicate with each other, etc., are absolutely for free.
How to use?
- eLearning professionals can deliver documents to their students directly, as well as distribute files to other online collaborators, such as eLearning content creators.
- Online facilitators can share links to online resources, such as videos, articles and sites, which can serve as supplementary eLearning tools.
- Data can be collected from online learners, making it easy to receive learner feedback and personal information that can be used to improve the overall eLearning experience.
- Learners can provide feedback to their peers by commenting on assignments and working collaboratively on assignments. They can also work together or research tasks through the Google Classroom app.
Google Classroom even features an assignments page, where students can view upcoming deadlines in order to stay on track. Likewise, online facilitators have the power to quickly and conveniently view who has completed each assignment and offer constructive feedback immediately.
From the Developer
Classroom is only available for students and teachers with a school-provided Google Apps for Education account. Using Google Classroom in school or university? Get the Android App to use Classroom on the go.
Classroom helps teachers save time, keep classes organised and improve communication with students. It is available to anyone with Google Apps for Education, a free suite of productivity tools including Gmail, Drive and Docs.
There are many benefits to using Classroom:
- Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments quickly, all in one place.
- Improves organisation – Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- Enhances communication – Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
- Affordable and secure – Like the rest of our Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free for schools.