Evernote is an impressive organizational app for teachers. Its limitless uses range from planning a course to delivering a lesson plan to capturing feedback after class. It allows you to take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at school, at home, or on the go.
This productivity tool can shift the way kids manage information in school and the way teachers share it. Evernote can be used for creating student portfolios, lesson planning, classroom management, taking minutes of meeting and instruction.
Teachers can also use Evernote for research. It allows them to collect a large number of resources without having to spend the time to fully read each one to decide if it is worth printing or bookmarking. They can also add their own notes and comments so that they can remember how they might want to apply the information. It is extremely user friendly, as long as you install the web clipper. Just right click and clip!
From the Developer
Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve your productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, snap photos, create to-do lists, scan business cards, record voice reminders--and it makes everything searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
- Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
- Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
- Save, sync and share files
- Scan business cards
- Record voice and audio notes
- Search for text inside images
- Organize notes by notebooks and tags
- Digitize documents and Post-it Notes
- Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
- take notebooks offline to access them anytime
- present your notes on other screens with AirPlay
- allow others to edit your notebooks
- add a PIN lock to your Evernote app
Here are some ways to use Evernote for your personal and professional life
- Research smarter: snap photos of whiteboards and books
- Take meeting and class notes, draft agendas and research notes
- Plan a trip: keep track of travel plans, plane tickets and passports
- Organize and save recipes; search by ingredients later
- Create a grocery list or task list and check things off as you go
- View web pages saved in Evernote on your desktop
- Capture ideas and inspiration on the go
- Access files and notes you create on your phone from your desktop
- Keep track of products and prices for comparison shopping purposes
- Keep finances in order: save receipts, bills and contracts
- Reduce paper clutter by taking snapshots of restaurant menus, business cards and labels
- Use Evernote as part of your GTD system to help you stay organized
- To get the most out of your Evernote experience, download it on all of the computers and phones that you use.