Whiteboard Lite: Collaborative Drawing
From the Developer
Collaborate with friends and family with Whiteboard, the easy-to-use collaborative drawing app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Two users can create pictures together over local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth peer-to-peer.
• Whiteboard Lite: Draw together via Local Wi-Fi.
• Whiteboard Pro: Draw together via Local Wi-Fi, no ads.
• Whiteboard HD: Draw together via Local Wi-Fi and over Internet, no ads.
Connect without an access point.
• If both devices are an iPod touch 2nd gen, iPhone 3G, or iPhone 3GS running iOS 3.0 or higher, you can connect using Bluetooth.
1. Turn off Wi-Fi to prevent conflicts. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> OFF.
2. Go back one screen to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth -> ON.
3. Press the Home button and launch Whiteboard.
• You can safely ignore the alert that says "Not Connected to a Wi-Fi Network" -- just tap OK!
4. Wait until BOTH devices see each other in their own list.
5. On ONE of the devices, tap the name of the other device.
6. Wait up to 60 seconds for the connection to establish. The first resolve takes the longest; if you disconnect and reconnect after this, it should be much faster. This is a hardware/OS limitation.
• That's it! Enjoy drawing together over Bluetooth peer-to-peer.
Create unique collaborative art.
• When one person's artistic skills aren't quite enough, combine your painting abilities with Whiteboard!
• Easy-to-use paint- or graffiti-like interface.
• Two devices can draw on the same canvas simultaneously.
• Bonjour wireless networking, both over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth peer-to-peer.
• Full-screen drawing.
• Adjustable marker width.
• "Brush" Preview to see what you're getting before you start sketching.
• Compatible with both iPhones and iPod touches.
• Free! This is the Lite version of Whiteboard; we're still working on adding features for the paid version.
Try many potential uses.
• The peer-to-peer networking feature also enables a certain class of multiplayer games, like Connect 4, Tic-Tac-Toe, Dots, and more.
• It's also useful for quickly visualizing ideas: I used it myself this way, putting into visible form an icon layout I had in mind. It's almost like using a graphics tablet!
• The possibilities are endless; it's like having a whiteboard wherever you go.
• You can adjust your line width with the slider above the colors in the tools view. Touch the canvas with 2 fingers to bring up this view.
• Touch the canvas with 2 fingers to show the drawing tools.
• To use the networking feature, 2 devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, or both have Bluetooth turned ON. Ensure that both devices are connected to the same wifi access point so that you can connect!
• Note: This is a Bonjour limitation. (In fact, as long as you're on the same LAN the connection may work.) We'll work on lifting it (Internet drawing?) in the future.
• Whiteboard Pro: Collaborative Drawing is now available. Along with tons of other new features, you can open pics and draw on them!
If you enjoy this app, please give it a top rating to encourage me to develop more. Send me your feedback for updates, as I have plans for many future improvements! Thanks :)
• If you have some feedback and would like a response, please email us at email@example.com
Developed by GreenGar Studios
Formerly Gengar Studios
Using an iPad? Get "Whiteboard Pro: Collaborative Drawing" for the ultimate collaborative drawing experience on iPad.
(The bug on iPad 2 has been fixed. Get Whiteboard now!)