What's Next (Visual Prompts)
What's Next (Visual Prompts) is a visual scheduling application that can be used to explain what will happen next. It can also be used as an options or choices prompt screen.
From the Developer
What's Next is a communication tool for caregivers looking after a person with limited or no verbal communication skills. It can be used to explain to the person what will happen next (aka First-Then or a Visual Schedule), or ask the person what they want to do next (a simple choice or prompt). This is particularly useful in the case of some medical conditions (autism, Alzheimers, developmental delays, etc).
The app focuses on presenting either a schedule or a choice solely using images, with no distracting elements on screen (no tabs, navigation, ads, rewards, etc.). A recorded sound or prompt can be added to each image if desired, and text labels are shown so that the caregivers can use consistent words for the same image.
- Can show either a 'visual choice', a 'visual schedule', or 'visual schedule' with checklist (to indicate completion)
- Import your own images either straight from the camera or use any photos already on your device
- Import multiple photos from other programs
- Record voice snippets with each image and it can be played back while giving the visual choice or schedule
- Save schedules for quick and easy access in the future
- No advertisements or other distractions on-screen
- Simple and responsive interface
- Image library is editable in-app, or via file browser if required
- Long refund policy, as we know it can take a while to see if an app like this works for your situation
The screenshots of the app show it on 4", 7" and 10" devices. We've tried to maintain a consistent layout and appearance on all devices so that you can easily transition between whichever device you have at hand. Whether you install the app on your phone or your tablet, you'll have the same user interface.
If the app is unsuitable for you, please apply for a refund. An app like this may take you a month to evaluate, and that's fine. Please don't leave a negative review just because it wasn't suitable.
If the app crashes, please contact us. We're working hard to fix any bugs. We have tested on Nexus phones, tablets, and other devices but the app may not work on ALL devices yet.
AgesToddler Apps (0-3 Years)
Reception/Preschool Apps (3-5 Years)
Primary School Apps (5-7 Years)
Primary School Apps (7-11 Years)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)