The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ - Creative Play
With The Very Hungry Caterpillar- Creative Play, kids can create digital collages and drawings and create art inspired by the style of Eric Carle.
The app from The Eric Carle Studio and StoryToys lets kids explore the same techniques that Carle used as an artist, but also allows them to get creative, experiment, and discover their own style. Kids choose to create on a blank canvas or use a dotted line drawing of some of the most recognizable figures from Carle's books.
In collage mode, kids learn to choose and create a pattern with fingers, cut shapes and arrange them in layers.
Kids will begin to learn about colors and shapes by choosing the color and a paintbrush or pencil in draw mode. Drawings can be saved into a frame and stored on their gallery wall.
Eric Carle's artwork has delighted generations of kids, and this is a fun way for young (or old) fans to mimic his style, but the excessive simplicity and lack of options limit creativity.
From the Developer
Inspired by Eric Carle’s beautiful, original artwork, and featuring the much-loved Very Hungry Caterpillar™, this stunning app is designed to spark your child’s creative exploration, cultivate imaginative thinking and encourage artistic expression.
Your little ones will love exploring and experimenting with shape, color and texture, inspired by the creator of the world’s favourite caterpillar! Faithful to the vision of Eric Carle and to his own techniques as an artist, the app provides a simple, intuitive and compelling experience stimulating children to express themselves with beautiful, vibrant artwork.
Budding artists can draw, paint, color, design and create in unique ways:
- Using templates of their favorite Eric Carle characters including The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, Brown Bear and many more.
- Making beautiful collages by cutting out a variety of original Eric Carle textures and tissues
- Creating unique artwork freehand on a blank canvas
As little fingers play and explore they’ll discover fun, hidden features for extra inspiration!
• Over 40 unique textures and papers based on Eric Carle’s beautiful hand-painted collage illustrations
• A range of templates from Eric Carle’s best-selling books - The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, Brown Bear, The Mixed Up Chameleon, Mister Seahorse, The Very Quiet Cricket and many more
• Blank canvases - let your imagination run wild!
• Experiment with layering: group or ungroup objects or rearrange layers with simple touch gestures
• Save and view your masterpieces in your very own gallery
• Seasonal surprises throughout the year
• Featuring full support for Force Touch on relevant devices
• Compatible with the Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.