The Robot Factory by Tinybop is an exploratory app as kids build their dream bots in this beautiful robot factory.
Kids who love to create, design, and experience free play can mix and match 50+ unique parts to experiment with different designs. The Robot Factory is built around the notion that construction sets should allow kids to build things from their imaginations instead of predetermined designs. Using their device's microphone, kids also can record three sounds for the robot and can choose the robot's color scheme. Kids can test their construction that involves taking the robot out into the virtual world within the game and seeing how it can traverse various scenarios.
From the Developer
Create robots. Test robots. Collect robots. Build with exoskeletons, zephyr mechanisms, hydrostatic tentacles, machinos locomotors, G-Force mixers, and more! Make any robot you can imagine! Robot cats. Robot samurais. Robot spies.
Robot wizards. Robot lizards. Robot dancers. Robot doctors. Robot moonwalkers.
The Robot Factory is the first app in Tinybop’s Digital Toys, a series of open-ended building apps that let kids ages 6+ create, test, play with, and collect whatever they can imagine. The second is The Everything Machine, an App Store Editors’ Choice and Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice.
- Build thousands of different robots from 100 parts.
- Test your robots to see if they will (or won’t!) walk, run, hop, and fly.
- Try out physics-driven robot parts in real world situations; swap them out for different results.
- Colorize your robots with nine different color schemes.
- Record your own robot sounds.
- Collect your robots in your own showroom. Keep an eye on them, day or night!
- Make your robots dance.
- Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
- Multi-user system: each child can create and save their own robots.
- Entertaining for kids and adults alike.
- Download The Robot Factory Technical Manual, in the app or on our website, for code of ethics and details about robot parts, gizmos, and tools.
- Original artwork by Owen Davey, the illustrator behind TwoDots.
- Original sound design.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
If the camera, microphone, and other services are used in an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.