Tellagami is an app that allows your students to create a short 30 second voice message using an animated character. This voice message is called a gami. The best thing is that the app is available for both Apple and Android devices.
Students will love to create book talks using Tellagami. After reading a book, they can write down a short script telling why someone else should read their book. It can be also used to retell stories and present your research facts about different famous people.
Since the clip is a short 30 seconds, it will teach your students that they need to write a script and rehearse what they are going to say before they hit record. It's great for modeling the importance of revising and editing before the final draft.
THE BENEFITS OF USING TELLAGAMI DURING WRITING
There are two benefits in using Tellagami for writing. First students will be incredibly motivated to complete their drafts. Secondly, Tellagami also offers the option of inputting text for the avatar to read aloud. Students can chose a voice from several male and female options. This made the app accessible to students of all abilities and comfort levels.
From the Developer
Tellagami is a mobile app that lets you create and share a quick animated video called a Gami.
A Gami can be an exciting tweet or status update. It can be a fun way to tell a story. It can be a thank you message or a vacation postcard. It can be a birthday greeting, party invite or cool way to share photos. The possibilities are endless!
EASY TO USE
Create a Gami in 3 easy steps:
- Customize a character and choose your background
- Record your voice or type a message for your character to say
- Share your Gami on Facebook, Twitter or send via text or email
- Mix and match your character & background
- Record your voice or type a message
- Resize character and place it in the scene
- Personalize with a photo background
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS
- View Gami as a web URL on all devices
- Create, customize and share from your iPhone or iPad with intuitive touch menu and controls
- Use your iPhone or iPad camera to easily insert a photo background or pick a photo from your camera roll
- Doodle on the background with your finger or stylus
- Record your voice with your iPhone or iPad mic
WAYS PEOPLE ARE USING A GAMI
- Greetings & Invites – Tell a story, liven up a blog, introduce someone
- Education –Teach a lesson, create a book report, share a vacation
- Business & Marketing – Pitch an idea, sell a product, showcase a company