Talk For Me
From the Developer
Talk For Me is specifically for those with speech communication difficulties. Influenced by Speech Pathologists & Speech Therapists, Talk For Me is a multipurpose communication tool that allows people communicate their needs using images that they take with their iPod, iPhone or iPad.
• 20 international languages (including variations)
• Male & Female Gender selection for several languages
• Features the Fastest, Highest Quality and Most Powerful Text-to-Speech translation (TTS) from iSpeech
• English (US), English (UK), English (Australian), Chinese, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and more coming
• Translation spoken by device and displayed in translated text at the same time
• Includes option to Record Own Voice
• Text to Speech translation & Text to Text Translation
• High quality “Human Sounding” speech output from iSpeech
• Easy access fingertip menus on screen
• Add to Favorites facility
• Recently Used facility (up to 5 recents)
• Simple intuitive interface
• Associate images on your iPod, iPhone or iPad with text items
• Categorize into single items, category folders and sub folders
• Pre-installed selection of items, categories and sub categories
• Just take a picture & associate text with it – and Talk For Me will talk it for you!
Designed for the iPhone, iPod or iPad – the Talk For Me Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) App can give those with a range of speech impaired disabilities a tool to have their voices heard
The basic idea is that the user can add as many pictures and sentences as they wish and organize them into relevant groups using both single items & categories.
Images with associated typed text can be spoken by the Talk For Me App. Where translation is required, the typed text will be translated into speech in more than 20 international languages. In addition the translated speech is also simultaneously displayed on the iPhone, iPod or iPad.
The Talk For Me App user can build up a library of items and store under categories and sub categories. Users can then call on this stored library of content to communicate to another person by just clicking on an item which consists of a picture and a sentence/s.
Just Press the ‘Talk For Me’ button – it's as easy as that!