StarMap 3D+: Guide to the Night Sky, Planets, Constellations, ...
The StarMap 3D app makes it possible to transform your mobile device into a portable star atlas using its compass and gyroscope. It provides you all the fabulous details in the sky such as the constellations, stars, and planets. There is more than 15,000 stars shown, with in-depth information that you can read.he way this app works is that it uses your device's gyroscope and compass to give you a beautiful look at the sky while your device acts as a portable star atlas.
From the Developer
StarMap 3D Plus is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D Plus to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, satellites, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone or iPad! Hold the universe in your pocket!
• Again, no in-app purchases: StarMap 3D+ contains all of these features by default:
• Real-time positions of 100 artificial satellites, including the International Space Station (ISS), and the Hubble Space Telescope
• iPad Support
• Over 100,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 6,441 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions