From the Developer
The Social Adventures App provides clinicians, teachers and parents with a treasure trove of activity descriptions for teaching social skills and friendship. Children ages 3-13 with social needs such as those associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, NLD, Sensory Processing Disorders and social anxiety will gain confidence and success in navigating the rough waters of relationships.
Designed as a self-contained resource for running social cognition groups, each activity within the Social Adventures App can be used to augment other approaches. Developed and used over the course of 15 years by a team of SLP’s, OT’s and MSW’s, the Social Adventures App combines the discrete teaching of Social Catch Phrases with fundamental social skills using an engaging multi-disciplinary, multi-sensory approach to mastery.
Use the Social Adventures App to teach:
- Initiating interactions
- Maintaining interactions
- Advocating and negotiating
- Getting regulated
- Interpreting nonverbals
- Negotiating personal space
- Experiencing humor
IMAGINE! Social success for all children!
- Over 80 activities included to be used in groups, classrooms, play dates, and everywhere!
- Clear step by step instructions with separate parent tips section
- Social catch phrases that are easily generalized for use anywhere
- Kid-friendly and memorable visuals designed to be used for role play or cue cards
- Sample 8-week program to get started
- 3 additional 8 week collaborative generalization activities
- "What's in My Bag?" game included adorable graphics to reinforce social cognition and peer interaction
- direct links to iTunes to purchase other apps recommended for teaching social skills addressed in the Social Adventures App
But all of this is just the beginning. We have designed this app as an expandable platform upon which we can continue to provide new content. A collaborative and comprehensive resource of this size would cost at least $60.00 in book form and lack the flexibility of the Social Adventures App. Be sure to subscribe to all4mychild.com for updates and information on in-app purchases (e.g., new games and tools). We look forward to hearing your stories and feedback. Please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.