Sleepover in Antarctica
From the Developer
Grab your passports, pack your pajamas and join Clive and Noah on a Sleepover in Antarctica! After all, who doesn’t love a Sleepover? This 26-page fully illustrated and narrated interactive book is perfect for ages 4-8! The lovable characters, humor, story and dynamic interactive features are guaranteed to engage, entertain and educate.
What’s in Julian’s big red cooler? Children help solve the mystery and experience Antarctica through an interactive map, pop-up glossary, and mini-activities. Narration is accompanied by simultaneous text highlighting to support early readers.
The Global Sleepover is a new interactive children’s story series about four friends who go on Sleepovers all over the world. On their adventures, they learn about the world and become global citizens. Sleepover in Antarctica is The Global Sleepover’s first children’s book app. London, Washington, DC, New York City, Dublin and other cities around the world hosted the beta of Sleepover in Antarctica in summer 2013.
- User-friendly interface for young children
- Children enjoy discovering the semi-hidden interactive elements on each page
- Pop-Up glossary word
- Simple animation
- Clean text placement so it doesn’t interfere with illustrations
- Main interaction is by tapping and dragging.
- Sound/image interplay to support improved vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Option of turning the narration on or off.
- Index on the top right-hand corner.
- Tested with children and parents for age-appropriateness.
- No in-app purchase or ads.
- Activities can be downloaded from the website for kids to do offline.
- Downloadable comprehension questions and vocabulary words.
- Parents and children can enjoy together.
- Meets National Common Core Standards (U.S.)