Sleepover at the Christmas Markets in Vienna
From the Developer
This holiday season grab your passports, pack your pajamas and join Juliet and Clarity on a Sleepover at the Christmas Markets in Vienna! The festive Christmas Markets in Vienna are a fun holiday tradition for parents and children! After all, who doesn’t love a Sleepover? This 35-page fully illustrated interactive book is perfect for ages 4-8!
Juliet and Clarity are on a mission to make creative gifts at the Christmas Markets! But how will they do this in a country where they don’t speak the language? Do they end their Sleepover before coming up with creative gift ideas? Readers help them solve their mystery and learn about Vienna and the Christmas Markets through an interactive map, pop-up glossary, pop-up facts about Vienna, and mini-activities. Also includes falling snowflakes and holiday music! Narration is accompanied by simultaneous text highlighting to support early readers.
The lovable characters, humor, story and dynamic interactive features are guaranteed to engage, entertain and educate.
The Global Sleepover is a new interactive children’s story series about four friends who go on Sleepovers all over the world. On their adventures, they learn about the world and become global citizens. Sleepover at the Christmas Markets in Vienna is the third story in the series. Sleepover in Africa at Amani’s Graduation and Sleepover in Antarctica, featuring Noah and Clive, are the first two in the series. London, Washington, DC, New York City, Dublin and other cities around the world hosted the beta of the first story, Sleepover in Antarctica, in summer 2013.
- No in-app purchase or ads.
- User-friendly interface for young children.
- Children enjoy discovering the semi-hidden interactive elements on each page.
- Pop-Up glossary words.
- Pop-Up facts about Vienna.
- Simple animation.
- Clean text placement so it doesn’t interfere with illustrations
- Main interaction is by tapping and dragging.
- Sound/image interplay to support improved vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Option of turning the narration on or off.
- Index on the top right-hand corner.
- Tested with children and parents for age-appropriateness.
- Activities can be downloaded from the website for kids to do offline.
- Downloadable comprehension questions and vocabulary words.
- Parents and children can enjoy together.
- Meets National Common Core Standards (U.S.)