Sight Words Adventure
Sight Words - An early reading and spelling adventure has 320 featured sight words that appear in the games. Activities include reading games, such as popping the balloon that holds the target word, writing games such as guiding a bear through a maze to collect letters in the correct order, and a hide-and-seek game with the host kangaroo. Kids start at Level 1 (which roughly corresponds to pre-K level words) and progress through up to Level 5 (roughly corresponding to third grade), though they can move to a different level at any time. Parents can create multiple kid profiles, keep track of progress, add words, and download the full curriculum.
Kids can learn to read and spell a sizable collection of the most commonly used sight words and also work on speed and fluency as they quickly identify the target word. When parents take an active role, kids can get extra practice with words they have particular difficulty with or learn to quickly read words that are especially relevant to their lives.
From the Developer
Welcome to Sight Words, a fun-filled adventure where children can learn to recognize, read, and write up to 320 sight words! British accent option available!
The beloved game of Hide-and-Seek is the central point of the app because it symbolically explores the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words such as: visual attention, the morphology of the forest setting (i.e. the letters in a word), active listening, and of course visual memorization.
- 10 timeless mini-games
- 320 sight words spread across 5 levels (PreK- Grade 3)
- Algorithm that chooses words based on Hermann Ebbinghaus’ memory theories
- Choose to play with UPPERCASE or lowercase letters
- Personalized and customizable play to include specific sight words chosen by parents or teachers
- Multi-user interface
- Accessible to children with disabilities (VoiceOver compatible)
- Secure gaming environment: No ads, no external links, no in-app purchase, no social media access, no personal information request
- Real time dashboard to track progress
- Bright, colourful, and encouraging characters
- Clear, concise instructions
Edoki Academy’s mission is to provide children with enjoyable early-learning activities using the latest technologies. Our team members, many of whom are young parents or teachers, strive to produce learning tools that motivate and inspire children to learn.