ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard
ShowMe Interactive whiteboard app is an application that allows teachers and students of any age to create presentations called ‘ShowMe’s that can be shared via the device on online privately or to a community audience. The user can record and create engaging voice over presentations of their chosen topic by using some of the many tools such as adding text, drawings, photos and images.
You can also access other peoples ‘ShowMe’content covering a vast selection of academic subject matter as well as non academic topics. You can also subscribe to a premium service that provides an number of extra features such as private postings options, advanced tools, more storage and specified group sharing. The ShowMe interactive whiteboard app is a tool with great potential for both teaching and learning.
Upon opening the app the user is taken through a set of guided instructions that help you understand the application and its interface. Although it is an option we recommend that you create an account to truly appreciate the capabilities of this app.
A simple press of the record button and you are creating your first ShowMe presentation. The tools here are adequate with the ability to use text, colour, add images and an eraser. This can be somewhat limited and sometimes the presentations created are only as good as the presenter or artist, more tools are available through the premium service. The app could benefit from a clip art tool here. The presentation can be enhanced by using the voice over feature to explain your thoughts as you present and draw. Once the ShowMe presentation has been created you can save this as a draft, for further editing, or a finished presentation. We found the app slightly frustrating that once saved it then asks you to add to a topic for others to access and posts the presentation, you can only save this privately if you sign up for the premium service. However, what we need to stress is the potential of this app has to engage teaching and learning. As a teacher if you are planning a lesson keep in mind its versatility and potential for homework tasks and flipped-class applications. A maths problem solved by a teacher can be played back by the student time and time again in class and at home. This has great potential for parents to learn the topic as well.
The developers can be congratulated on the potential that ShowMe has to offer for both teaching and learning. The online ShowMe community has embraced this application and teachers from all over the globe are sharing presentations. The app works flawlessly with the on-line support from its developers which can found at http://www.showme.com.
This is a fantastic app that comes highly recommended by the Educational Appstore.
From the Developer
Turn your iPad into your personal interactive whiteboard!
ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s an amazingly simple app that anyone can use, no matter how young or old!
INTUITIVE AND POWERFUL
- Record your ShowMe tutorial right away — no manuals or complicated menus needed
- Drop in images onto the whiteboard
- Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
- You can make your ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as you want. Go nuts!
- Once you’re finished recording, upload your ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private if you prefer)
- Discover awesome tutorials created by other members of the ShowMe community
A VARIETY OF USES
- Easily explain a range of topics from math to chemistry to music theory to basket weaving.
- Add ShowMe’s to your Do-It-Yourself blog
- Attach a personal message to any travel photos you want to share
- Diagram offensive and defensive strategies for sports
- Grade student work with commentary explaining the reasoning behind their performance
- Use ShowMe as an interactive whiteboard substitute
Implement a “flipped classroom”
- Showcase your ShowMes online and share your knowledge with your students, friends, family, or the world!
- Multiple brush colors
- Enter text
- Pause and erase
- Import pictures from your photo library, built-in camera, or web image search
- Import documents as pictures from dropbox, or google drive
- Create video from any document
- Unlimited lesson length
- Free to upload and share your recordings with friends
- Easy embedding for sharing anywhere
- Manage students with Groups
"Groups" allows teachers to share their ShowMes and interact with students privately. Teacher with ShowMe Premium subscription can create an unlimited amount of groups and invite their students. Students can join groups for free!
ShowMe Premium is a auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription which unlocks all ShowMe features. For just $5.99 a month or $49.99 a year:
- Upload up to 300 hours of ShowMes
- Post privately
- Create unlimited amount of groups
- Markup and share any documents in groups
- Import documents into ShowMe
- Search and import images from the web
- Download your video files
- Get more colors
- Get more backgrounds
AS SEEN ON
- Business Insider
- Numerous teacher blogs and educational blogs
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
The ShowMe team is small, nimble, and quick to respond to suggestions/requests. Follow us on twitter at @showmeapp. Or feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or stories about how you’re using ShowMe.
Terms & Conditions: http://www.showme.com/termsofuse
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
SubjectsApps for Teachers
AgesCollege/University (18+ Years of Age)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)