Sentence Maker app is a simple sentence-forming app aimed at kindergarten and preschool that can help kids to practice sight words and sentence structure. This simple yet effective app has easy-to-understand user interface and allows students to add their own words to it and record themselves speaking it loud.
There is a comprehensive settings screen that allows teachers to customize the app to the student's level of understanding. It is a good sentence builder app which helps the kids to elevate the understanding of sentence structure.
This app allows children to work on building sentences. The app is fully customizable and easy to customize. The child matches written words and pictures to words in sentences at bottom of the screen. The parent, teacher or therapist can customize with unique word lists and sentence length from 2 words to 5 word sentences. You can also customize the app with your own voice. By making customized word lists and recording custom audio, this app could be used for children speaking languages other than English. The pictures included are photographs of real objects and are high quality, sharp photos. You can also add your own pictures.
The app reads the word when it is selected providing auditory feedback and vocabulary/reading practice. This app is easy for readers. We have children build the sentence and then repeat the sentences. This app is good for children who use primarily single words or very short phrases as an activity to encourage sentence length. This app could be used to practice spelling words or reading sight words. We have used this app with children between the developmental ages of 3 and 8 with diagnoses of autism, speech delay and Treacher Collins Syndrome. It is very easy for the older kids who are good readers. We also used it for sentence building and reinforcement for using multi-word utterances.
From the Developer
Sentence Maker is an exciting interactive game that helps your child rapidly learn to make and complete their own sentences all with just the touch of their finger. The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in moving their first words around the page. Ideal for ages 1 to 6.
• Everything is fully customizable
• Turn Tile Magnets ON or OFF from the settings page.
• Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
• Add your own items - add your own pictures and start making sentences with the items around your home!
• Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
• Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kid does not enjoy
• Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
• Add new letters - you can even add new letters that are unique to your language to make this app work in any language
• You can even customize all of the game and success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
• Sentence hints - if you want to learn just by sight, you can turn the sentence hints off
• Visual hints - if you want to learn just by sound, you can hide the images
• Word hints - if you don't want to show the letter hints in the destination tiles, you can turn them off
• Sentence order - you can go from A to Z or in random order
• Word order - you can go in any order or require that words are spelled from left to right
• Letter case - uppercase, lowercase, and capitalized spelling is supported
• Create new lists - want to help your little one with a specific set of words? No problem, just create a new list of words
• Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image). You can also add your own photos
• Customize letters - you can change the recorded voice for each of the letters
• Customize success sounds - can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation