RefME - Referencing Made Easy
RefME is a bibliographic reference generator that works with more than 7,500 citation styles (including MLA and APA) and cites more than 40 types of sources (including books and websites).
RefMe is an invaluable app for students, and non-fiction writers of all kinds. If you are writing a research paper, this app will create your reference for you! You can then easily export your references by emailing to yourself or to Evernote.
One of the site's main features is its WebClipper, a tool that you can add to your browser's toolbar and click to "clip" websites and automatically cite them in the style of your choice. The site also has a mobile app available for iOS and Android that you can use to scan ISBN bar codes on books and journals and automatically cite those resources, too. Citations can be organized into project-specific pages, and you can annotate each citation with quotes and notes. The website also includes a link to a quick citation generator, in case you need to generate a citation in a particular style on the fly.
RefMe stands for "Referencing, Made Easy," and that's exactly what it is. This digital system ably replaces the old-school index-card system for research projects with a simple cloud-based system that's easy to add to and use in a ton of contexts. Novice and experienced researchers alike will love this system that takes the stress and guesswork out of properly capturing and citing resources. This lets students concentrate on honing other critical research skills, such as ensuring they cite every source they use, keep those sources organized, and appropriately integrate analysis into their quotations from their cited sources.
From the Developer
RefME is the world’s leading and most accurate multi-platform tool for automating citations, reference lists and bibliographies in over 7,500 citation styles, including Harvard, MLA and APA. The RefME iOS app allows users to generate citations by scanning book or journal barcodes and sync them with RefME.com.
- Scan book or journal barcodes using your phone’s camera to generate citations in seconds
- No barcode? Search by Book/Article Title, ISBN, ISSN, DOI or URL.
- Citing a website? Simply paste in the URL or use iOS Safari Extension, which syncs with the app and is perfect for citing websites and other sources.
- 7,500+ supported citation styles including Harvard, APA, MLA, Chicago and AMA as well as most institute-specific styles
RefME is free to download and use. RefME Plus upgrades your experience and gives you access to:
- Folders: rearrange projects or drag-and-drop them into folders to keep references organised
- Photo Quotes: take a photo of any text and our mobile app will convert the image into editable text for you to save as a quote
- RefME for Word: cite as you write and manage your bibliography from within Word 2016 for Windows and Word for iPad
Subscriptions to RefME Plus are available for £24.99 per year through an in-app purchase.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Happy referencing :)