Reading Comprehension Prep
From the Developer
Reading Comprehension Prep prepares the children for standardized reading passages using short fiction and non-fiction texts. Reading Comprehension Prep focusing on reading fiction and non-fiction texts and assessment aligned to the Common Core State Standards for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
3rd Grade Non-Fiction Stories:
The Life of Abraham Lincoln
3rd Grade Fiction Stories:
A Tadpole Tale
4th Grade Non-Fiction Stories:
The History of Video Games
The Appalachian Trail
4th Grade Fiction Stories:
Lily's New Glasses
5th Grade Non-Fiction Stories:
The Story of Clara Barton
5th Grade Fiction Stories:
The Haunted Library
Our Reading Comprehension series was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
- This sampler contains 12 original stories for grades 3, 4, and 5
- Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
- Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
- Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
- Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
- Specifically appropriate content chosen at each grade level
- Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards
- Works well in classrooms for independent study time
- Email student test results to share their progress
- Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these. We have done 3rd, 4th & 5th grade comprehension. They love the fun aspect of getting the questions right, and think of these more as games than the learning apps they are."
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.