Read Chinese, Learn Mandarin – daily easy Chinese news
An essential app for anyone dedicated to learning Mandarin. Develop your language skills and learn about Chinese culture through popular news articles written in Chinese characters with supporting translations.
From the Developer
Be inspired to improve your Mandarin Chinese by reading a fresh bite-sized news article every day. Be efficient and effective.
Get free daily articles written by experienced teachers specifically for beginners and intermediates. Articles are graded by HSK level and come with tools – instant dictionary, pinyin, vocab guide and Chinese audio. Practice reading, listening and choose your own vocabulary to memorize and study 5 words a day for a guided personal journey – no more flashcard drills.
Refresh your reading skills, supplement your lessons or for fun. A bite-sized dose everyday is efficient and effective.
- "Perfect for beginners, I love the sheer variety of articles available" - Sophia
- "Simply the best method for reading acquisition, I have downloaded many apps to learn Chinese, this is one app which I will keep" - Damir
- "I find myself reading Mandarin for pleasure for the first time" - Dominic
- "I've always been intimidated and discouraged by words I don't know. Now this app makes learning so much easier!" - Angela
- Simple reads added daily
- Varied topics including China news, culture, history, proverbs
- Archive of 300+ articles
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate at HSK 1,2,3,4,5
- Dictionary, pinyin and audio with one touch
- Save words you like for learning
- Colour coded language hints
- Simplified and Traditional characters
- Synchronised across phone, tablet and your web browser
- Chat live, vote and see popular words
- Tracks your study progress and get intelligent word suggestions
AgesCollege/University (18+ Years of Age)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)