From the Developer
Turn a poem in your hand and the poem flows in a gentle reading animation. The effect is magical, mesmeric, and revealing. You see the poem differently as it quietly reads itself to you. You get 20 great poems to keep and share, and additional poems cost less than a penny a poem.
Curated by the Academy of American Poets, Poem Flow puts a poem-of-the-day in the palm of your hand. Each day a new poem happens. With a unique mix of classic and contemporary, Poem Flow introduces you to poems you haven’t met, and lets you see (and share) old poems anew.
Experience a Poem Flow at: http://www.poemflow.com
• Text converts to animation with the turn of your hand.
• Motion + Text + Light = a movie that you watch to read.
• You get a new poem every day from a mix of the greatest poems in English.
• Previous poems persist, building a book on your device.
• Everyone reads the same poem on the same day creating instant, invisible community.
• Geolocation (with permission) reveals where and when a poem was last read.
• Share a Poem Flow with anyone with or without an Apple device.
• You get 20 great poems for free, including a full week of poem-of-the-day.
• Additional poems can be purchased for less than a penny a poem.
• You can learn a poem from a Poem Flow.
• The Academy of American Poets provides context for each poem and poet.
• Great for learning English, and for sharing some of the world’s most beautiful thoughts.
Poets and authors include: Shakespeare, Chaucer, Milton, Donne, Bunyan, Swift, Johnson, Blake, Shelley, Byron, Keats, Wordsworth, Whitman, Dickinson, Thoreau, Emerson, Longfellow, Poe, Twain, Tennyson, Hopkins, Houseman,Yeats, Eliot, Pound, Robert Frost, Gertrude Stein, Sara Teasdale, Amy Lowell, Hilda Dolittle, James Joyce, Wallace Stevens, William Carlos Williams, and others.
Works include: Ode to a Grecian Urn, Leaves of Grass, Paradise Lost, the Psalms, Ulysses, The Road Not Traveled, Canterbury Tales, The Highwayman, The Gettysburg Address, Book of Common Prayer, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Poor Richard’s Almanac, On Optics, Ozymandias, and Walden.
NOTE: POEM FLOW NOW INCLUDES SELECT CONTEMPORARY POEMS AND POETS.