Pacca Alpaca - Travel Playtime
More than fifty geographically themed activities engage young children in developing their skills in this colourful and fun universal app. The activities are varied, easy to understand and designed to be attractive to early learners.
This delightful app is aimed at two to six-year olds but is probably going to be most at home with the younger ages. Pacca Alpaca is the blue and purple four-legged friend that will guide and entertain children through the many different geographically themed activities accessible from his carousel.
Children may have met Pacca in a previous app. In this one, children gain geographical awareness while playing skill building games. With its theme, it would be an ideal app to accompany children on long journeys, but as an app at home on both phones and tablets it can be useful at any time to provide constructive entertainment.
Children will be exposed to the landmarks, music and flags of twenty-three different countries as they play through the app expanding their cultural knowledge and language as they do so. Navigation through the app is perfectly easy for young children to understand. Each activity is accessible through a constantly revolving carousel. Children can pick an activity as it passes or give it a flick to speed on to another activity.
Each of the options has a picture offering some idea of what the mini-game will look like. They also have a small icon in the corner making it clear what the children can do in the app. This is really useful as a child may, for example, complete a jigsaw and want to try another. This lets them easily find the exact style of task that they want.
As well as jigsaws there are dot-to-dot puzzles, spot the difference, drawing and stickers, I Spy and hide and seek. They are simple tasks, as befits their target users, and completely intuitive in their use. Children won’t be sitting there wondering what to do at any point in this app. Elements that are dragged and dropped position themselves intelligently ensuring that young children are not struggling with pixel perfect placement. Other interactions are similarly forgiving to prevent frustration and irritation, allowing the learning to go on.
With so many of these little games included in the app, neither will your child feel that they have quickly exhausted the app. They are all there right from the outset with no in-app purchases necessary and no distracting advertisements either.
Presentation in the app is superb. Stylistically consistent, well-drawn and animated with amusing and friendly sound effects, Pacca Alpaca the app will charm and entertain children throughout their time on it. Pacca the Alpaca, your cartoon guide through the app, makes an amusing and enticing virtual friend that children will love.
The learning that this app provides is not always directly related to a specific curriculum, but it does provide educational development. The tasks allow creativity, problem solving and develop children’s awareness of the world around them. For a good value and well-made app with longevity, parents should definitely give their children a chance to get to know Pacca the Alpaca.
From the Developer
Hop on Pacca Alpaca’s carousel and away we go on a fantastic cultural adventure globetrotting all around the world. Accompanied by Pacca Alpaca, your loveable, cheeky and kind-spirited companion, your child will engage in over 50 fun and colourful early learning activities, such as dot-to-dot, jigsaw puzzles, spot the difference, drawing games and stickers, all designed to introduce your little ones to exciting cultural and historical settings from around the world. Celebrating 23 different countries, the app also features authentic music from the different cultures, as well as showing and naming the flags from each location.
Suitable for pre-school, primary school children and their families, Travel Playtime is the second app in the Pacca Alpaca series of beautifully designed learning games for children, created by an award winning team of children’s media experts and language learning specialists.
Travel Playtime is the perfect companion to keep your child entertained for hours of fun during long journeys, holiday travel, whilst waiting in the doctor’s office or even when settling down in the evenings.
Some of the 50 fun activities include:
- Piece together the magnificent Mount Fuji in Japan or construct a gondola in Venice and watch Pacca go for a ride.
- Recreate the Great Wall of China or the magical Northern Lights in Iceland as they twinkle in the sky.
- Connect the dots and help Pacca Alpaca uncover the famous Sydney Opera House in Australia or the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- Finish dot-to-dots, watch the Acropolis in Athens Greece or the magical Treasury in Petra Jordan appear before your very eyes.
SPOT THE DIFFERENCE
- Play spot the difference at the majestic Taj Mahal in India or at the spectacular Giza Pyramids in Egypt, but be careful, can be very tricky to find that odd one out.
- Use scenic blocks to construct beautiful buildings such as Buckingham Palace in the UK or St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow.
HIDE AND SEEK
- Help Pacca Alpaca find his missing cap in New York City’s bustling Time Square or seek out his cheeky Otter friend in the scenic harbour of Copenhagen.
- Head to the Australian Outback and play an I Spy game with the local Koalas.
- Hop back on the carousel and visit the cheeky Orangutans of Borneo and then whiz over to Rome to spot all the coins in the Trevi Fountain.
- Create an exciting vibrant scene in the African jungle or on the vast rivers of the Amazon.
- Draw your very own NASA rocket ship and blast into outer space with Pacca Alpaca or venture over to Turkey and see what you can paint on to the busy market stalls.
- Decorate the famous Tower Bridge in London or a beautiful Windmill scene adorning the hills of Holland.
- Playtime on your very own Italian pizza, choosing from a variety of tasty stickers, and then enjoy with Pacca Alpaca for a job well done!