Oxford Advanced Dictionary
From the Developer
The All New DioDict 3 for Android Phone!
DioDict, the representative brand for dictionary application for smartphones, is reborn with Android Phone. DioDict 3 has a convenient, unique, and user-oriented UI optimized for Android. If you are looking for a dictionary app, DioDict is the one for you!
* The app is best downloaded using a WiFi connection.
* over Android 2.2 platform
* Dictionary Contents
* The No. 1 English-English dictionary, published by the world-renowned Oxford University Press
- Contains the Advanced Learner's English-English Dictionary, which is published by Oxford University Press, the world's most renowned dictionary publisher.
- Includes 184,500 British and American English words and phrases, and 85,000 examples.
- Includes 7,000 synonyms and antonyms, and 5,000 words related to science, literature, computers, and business.
- Includes useful reference information, such as names of places and irregular verbs, and newly coined words, such as podcast, wiki, carbon footprint, social networking, and tiger economy.
- Includes newly coined words and words with cultural backgrounds, such as Capitol Hill, Big Brother and the Windy City, and slang from each country.
- no internet connection necessary to use dictionary.
* A reliable app from specialized mobile application developing company
-DioDict has been pre-loaded on mobile phones such as Samsung, LG smartphones for years
-With its dedicated mobile applications development team of over 100, and its Quality Control department's strict product verification processes, DIOTEK differentiates itself from other dictionary application providers.
Special features of DioDict 3
1. A special search feature of DioDict that searches several dictionaries at once
-Word searches are easier with a single run!
Easy to switch to other dictionaries with a comprehensive dictionary feature when purchasing several dictionaries
Search definitions from each dictionary with a single search!
2. Premium search function and Google search
-Voice search: search for a word using Google’s voice recognition technology.
-Hangulro search: speakers of korean can search for a word in other languages by typing the pronunciation of the word in Hangeul.
-sounds like: search for words which sound like the search term entered. (e.g., excellant -> excellent)
-Blank Search & Wild Search: Enter “?”or “*” in place of a letter when you don't know the spelling of the word you want to search for (e.g., Stu??).
-Embedded word look-up: look up unknown words inside any dictionary entry.
-You can search for the meanings of words and the information related to images and news through Google search.
-DioDict provides a Handwriting Search mode (the ‘DioPen’ handwriting engine is installed.).
-Marker: use the marker feature to highlight any words of interest in an entry.
-History: all words previously searched for are listed in the history menu.
3. TTS audio support & Unique and smart user interface
-The TTS audio function supports not only words but also selected sentences.
-A new visually comfortable UI with enhanced readability
4. More fun and powerful flashcard word study function!
‘DioBoy’, which is the DIOTEK’s mascot, will help you learn words in an easier way with a lot more fun.
-Cradle Mode, Study Mode, Dictation,
* DIOTEK guarantees the prompt contents provision of new updates, including new words and technical terms, by the DIOTEK Dictionary Contents Department.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
*Facebook & Twitter*