Norton Family parental control
Norton Family is a parental control app that’s consistently rated highly by reviewers and experts. The app enables you to track which sites your kids visit, and set rules for the kinds of websites that are allowed. You’ll see an alert when kids attempt to visit a blocked site, and you’ll also be able to check a map that shows the location of their device. Additionally, you can monitor the YouTube videos that your child is watching, and Norton Family shows you a 90-day history of what your child has been doing on their devices so that you can spot trends and habits.
From the Developer
The Norton Family app¹, from the makers of Norton Security, helps teach your kids safe habits for Web exploration and helps you stay in the know about where your kids are.
Download the Norton Family app to your kids’ iOS devices and it will help them avoid unsuitable web content, including YouTube videos. Turn on Location Supervision² for the ability to track the location of their device—and show it to you on a map.
On the parent portal, you’ll see activity-tracking reports designed to give you insight into how and where your kids spend their time online, so you can see what their interests are and help keep them safe.
Norton Family (30 day trial)
- Keeps you in the know about which websites kids visit and helps avoid unsuitable content.
- Lets you set up rules for the kinds of websites your kids can visit on their devices.
- Creates an alert on the parent portal when kids attempt to visit a blocked site.
- Allows you to monitor the YouTube videos your kids are watching.
- Keeps you in the loop about where your kids are by letting you map the location of their iOS device.
- Shows you a 30-day history of what your kids do on their iOS devices, allowing you to clearly spot trends and emerging habits.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please disable Safari or any other browser and the YouTube app so that your children’s activity can be monitored.
- Norton Family account required to use the Norton Family app
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
INTERNET SAFETY FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Online safety is a growing concern for children and parents. Common threats regarding Internet family safety include: cyber bullying, obscene or offensive content, pornography, hateful messages, and sexual predators. Children are naturally curious and may not always know when an online situation is unsafe. Fortunately, Norton Family can help monitor your child’s online activity.
SubjectsApps for Parents
AgesReception/Preschool Apps (3-5 Years)
Primary School Apps (5-7 Years)
Primary School Apps (7-11 Years)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)
In-App Purchases - Yes
In-App Advertising - No