My Incredible Body
My Incredible Body gives kids a chance to explore parts of the body such as the brain and nerves, muscles, the skeleton, and even the kidneys and urine. In each section, children get to see a model of that particular part of the body, with the ability to research into the function in great detail. Short informational passages provide children with descriptions of the major body parts, as well as information about how the parts of the body work together. This is a particular well-presented and throughout app with loads of high quality educational content suitable for Key Stage 2 and above.
This is an app for true educational fun, yes fun. As the title suggests the programme is designed to help the learner understand everything about their body. The programme is very professionally put together with superb and intuitive navigation to guide you effortlessly across a range of biological functions. The graphics are pin sharp and the video clips are delightfully illuminating, simplifying some extremely complex processes which are seamlessly incorporated into the app. Children’s innate curiosity will be rewarded in this programme with a rich set of information cleverly delivered, they will pick up on information without realising.
The app ranges from the brain and nerves, digestion, lungs, skeleton, kidneys, senses, muscles, circulation and the reproductive system for an extra charge when your child is ready. Each section provides you with a general tour of each function, with narration and text which is context specific based on the user touching a three dimensional graphic overlay which can be zoomed in or out. The second common subsection provides an example of the system in use with a combination of moving graphics, narration and text. The third common subsection provides the child with some touch sensitive quizzes that are scored and painlessly provide feedback on progress. The final section provides a video graphic which is narrated giving you a summary of the whole section.
The application also provides you with the opportunity to build other sections to the section you are working in for example if the child is working with the nervous system they can overlay the organs or skeleton, giving them a holistic view of the body.
This application is quite simply brilliant and should certainly be on the app shelf of any discerning parent.
From the Developer
Wouldn’t it be mind-boggling to look inside the human body and see how the heart, lungs, muscles, and bones work? Wouldn’t it be astonishing to see what swallowing, breathing, and digesting look like from the inside? With My Incredible Body, both children and adults can learn all the pieces and parts of human anatomy in an incredibly fascinating human body guide.
Learning the parts of the human body becomes visually engaging with this uniquely precise virtual guide.
- Zoom inside the skeleton, muscles, organs, nerves, and blood vessels to learn where everything is and how all the parts of your body function!
- Take rocket rides through the human body to experience how blood flows, what lungs look like when breathing, and how the body does its swallowing and digesting. You can even stop and look around!
- Learn how the skull bones fit together, what the busiest muscle in your body is, and other cool science facts like how the iris got its name!
- Watch short movies that show you how your brain works, how your muscles work together, and how your heart functions!
- New in-app purchase features fun quiz questions so kids can test themselves on what they’ve learned!
- Hey parents and teachers: Need help starting the puberty conversation? We've added the Reproductive System as an in-app purchase. It shows basic male and female anatomy and introduces the concepts of puberty and human reproduction at just the right level.
Parents, here’s what you need to know:
My Incredible Body is designed to be both engaging and educational, appealing to the natural curiosity of kids. It’s designed for experimentation, experience, learning, and discovery.
And best of all, it’s really fun to use!
Medically accurate 3D models and animations of anatomical structures are the hallmark of My Incredible Body. Content includes coverage of the following:
Brain and nerves
Lungs and air
Bones of the skeleton
Kidneys and urine
Seeing, swallowing, digesting, breathing, and smelling
Circulation and the heart
Puberty and human reproduction
Content is served in a variety of ways to help kids learn about the human body.
- Immersive 3D models allow kids to see inside the body, identify organs and other anatomical structures, and learn amazing anatomy facts about how the body works.
- Children can use their fingertips on their iPad or iPhone to virtually “dissect” 3D models. They can rotate and zoom in and out to see what their insides look like and how the structures work together.
- Children can read and hear fun science facts about each anatomical structure—either with or without a virtual guide for exploration.
- Children can virtually fly through the different body systems.
- Short animations provide educational explanations of the body’s functions.
You’ll be well on your way to becoming an anatomy rock star!
AgesPrimary School Apps (7-11 Years)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)