Mathematical Playground -The Solid-
A space and shape based app for exploring the properties of three-dimensional shapes, from volume and nets to cutting slices from a shape. This app allows users to really explore a shape, rotating it, zooming in and out, identifying faces, edges and vertices. It could be used in the classroom or the workplace to help solve or represent problems. It is particularly useful for hard to find shapes, such as an octagonal pole or the regular dodecahedron.
From the Developer
This is an educational tool that deals with solids in mathematics. It could be very useful for those who is learning or teaching about solids.
Understanding about solids could be beneficial. Because we live in at least three dimensional world, and we have received benefits from many products, and the shape of which are designed in 3D.
We offer 50% discounts until end of Jan. 2017
• This app enables you to virtually touch, measure, or even cut the basic shape of solids.
• This tool draws solids from the angles you wish. Beside this, you can print out or share the drawn image.
• This app is especially designed for the teachers to use in class.
- Locally distribute the solid data to unspecified people via the WiFi or the Bluetooth (You can know who received the data.)
- Coloring solids
- Highlighting a plane or an edge
- Overlay free-hand drawing layer
• You don't have to worry about how to use this app because a guide lives in the app by default.
∞∞† This app runs on… †∞∞
iPhone 4s or newer.
iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation or newer, iPad mini series, iPad Air series, iPad Pro series.
iPod touch (5th generation or newer).
iOS8.0 or elder.
AgesPrimary School Apps (7-11 Years)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)