A delightful interactive story book to help prepare children for the new school year.
From the Developer
Kids create the characters to put them self, their teacher and a parent into the words and pictures of the story. I learn blends photos (or you can use our illustrated options) together with chosen hair styles, outfits and voice recordings into a beautifully illustrated interactive story.
Seeing their face and hearing their own voice in the narration helps kids connect with the story and engage with the educational activities that are included in it's pages. These activities include:
- writing their name (younger children can start by tracing, older kids can choose different colours and write their name without assistance);
- learning letters and words with a game of I spy;
- practicing their numerical skills with a multiple choice question and answer activity on the classroom blackboard;
- learning to read by following the story text which is highlighted as it is narrated; and
- social education, so important for kids of this age, is subtly sprinkled throughout the story pages with children encouraged to identify how they and other children in the class might be feeling. Conversation prompts are included for parents with kids who sometimes feel nervous, shy or sad.
I learn, although fun at any age, is ideal for children between 3 and 8 years old. Produced in association with Screen Australia 'I learn' is Bizzibrains follow up to their award winning 'I imagine'.
I learn (mobile app) is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more, go to www.kidsafeseal.com.
No access to websites other than through our secure parental gate.
Designed for children 3 to 8 years old.
Made for iPads, iPhones and iPod touch.
√ 11 interactive story pages, hand drawn illustrations, music, sounds and narration.
√ Use of device camera & microphone.
√ An intuitive, fun 3 character creation stage including:
* Enter and record your character names;
* Enter your age and where you go to learn (school, kinder, preschool, care or enter your own place);
* Add a photo face or use our illustration;
* Choose hairstyle, clothing, shoes and colours.
√ Educational features and interactions:
* Text highlight as narrated;
* Learn to write your name;
* Get dressed, brush your hair, make your bed and pack your bag ready to go;
* Roll the dice and play a fun take on the classic board game: can you get to school, kinder or preschool on time?;
* Numerical problems tailored to child's age;
* Play I spy, learn letter sounds and identify those letters in words;
* Talk about how you might feel about going to kinder, preschool or school;
* Identify the emotions felt by other children in the classroom;
* Play in the playground.
√ Ability for parents to enter our parental gate to:
√ I imagine contains no third party advertising. Website links are safely behind our parental gate so your child can play safely and without interruptions.