Happi Words - A game for practicing word association, spelling and vocabulary
Happi words is a fun and engaging word association game where children are shown a set of three images and must try to work out what word connects them. Children are given letter to choose from and they can use a range of in app supports such as finding out the word category e.g. verb, adjective or noun. They can also get a hint about the word that links the objects to one another, be given the first letter of the word and as a final option have all letters but the ones required for the word removed. The less support the learn uses the more stars they get and the more stars they get the more cards they can collect. The card collecting aspect of this game is a lovely feature whereby children receive cards for their stars and each card has a visually interesting character with a small one sentence back story which could in itself link nicely into other literacy work such as describing characters.
From the Developer
3 pictures - 1 missing word. Figure out the word from the scrambled letters provided, spell it and collect funny characters (50+). Happi Words is a vocabulary, spelling and association game for 6-9 year-olds that stimulates lateral thinking and sharpens your creative problem solving skills. It also promotes academic risk taking with its built-in multilevel hint system that encourages players to try their own solution before asking for help.
- The game has been featured multiple times in App Stores all over the world and
- Has been recommended for the special needs community by A4cwsn.com who says that it is "A really fun and educational word association game for kids that will help improve picture/word association, spelling and vocabulary, highly recommended"
Happi Words is the 7th learning game from the award winning Happi series. In this game kids (and parents) will try to figure out and spell the word that connects three pictures. When you do, you are rewarded with stars that buys really cool and funny collectors cards. Every level has lifelines to help you along if you get stuck. Try not to use them unless you really have to as solving a level on your own will give you the option to save your earned stars for later so that you can afford the hard to get cards at the top of the deck.
Happi Words has been meticulously crafted to be:
• Hard to put down (you will want to win all the cards, we promise)
• Educational (you will have to use both your logic and spelling skills)
• Strategic (should I get this card now or save up for a more expensive one)
• Clever (every card has a funny name and status message)
• Beautiful (just look at the screen shots…:-)
• Passed around as it gives you the option to create different user profiles
Special note to parents: All collectors cards have a name and a short status message which have been purposefully designed to, on occasion, spur questions from your child. We have done so because we believe in involving the parent in the gaming experience. You should expect to hear questions like: What does this mean, how is this funny, why did they call him that…