Everyday Objects | ColorCards
The store rooms of those teachers who help to develop speech and language skills have always been discernible by the arrays of objects and flash cards to act as a starting point for discussion. This app compresses these talking prompts into the slim size of an iPad.
From the Developer
- Describing - View the images one by one, and target naming or narrative skills. The student is encouraged to describe what is happening with each image. Playback the audio recording to work on self-monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Reveal – The image is covered with only a small area visible. Flip through each page revealing more of the image as you go. A fun way to work on object recognition and description skills. With each turn of the page, more of the image is revealed, promoting guessing and discussion about the hidden picture.
- 48 tried-and-tested images
- Create and add your own photos to personalize
- Comprehensive reporting tool to monitor progress over time
- Download reports and share
- Use one-on-one, with small groups or in the classroom
- Practical auditory support
- Use the built-in microphone to record audio, play back and download
- Cool ColorCards animations make this app rewarding and motivating for all learners
- Visual and auditory feedback helps support learning
- Progress wheel to help with monitoring
AgesReception/Preschool Apps (3-5 Years)
Primary School Apps (5-7 Years)
Primary School Apps (7-11 Years)
Secondary School Apps (11-14 Years)
Secondary School Apps (14-18 Years)