Easy Spelling Aid
An app that aids in your spelling. This app has received an EAS rating of 4 Stars.
This app is very simple in its idea yet accomplishes it in a very clear, concise and easy manner. The premise behind the app is to provide children and adults with an app that can spell out the words and phrases that they speak into it via the devices microphone. It is as simple as that. Although, behind the simplicity there is a lot more going on.
On opening the app the user is welcomed to a very attractive front page with the simple instructions of touching the picture of a microphone and speaking into the device. Once the user has done this a new page opens up with the words that the user has spoken written on the page. The design and usability of the app are fantastic. Not only does the app look clean, and designed for ease of use it also oozes class in its minimalistic approach. Everything about the app screams how simple and effective it is. Also on the opening screen is a small icon that takes you to a separate settings page. This is really where you get to see where a lot of hard work has gone into the app. This is followed through on the developer’s website where the clean look and ease of use carries on. The developer realises in many ways that sometimes the right few words can make much more sense than pages of information
As mentioned before the premise is very simple. Allow someone with the correct spelling of a word that they have spoken into the device which contains the app. Due to the narrow nature of the app (this is solely what it does) it means that it can do it extremely well. Due to this the user then can make use of the app in a number of different ways. For instance they could just use it as a simple aid in helping them to spell a word that they do not know how to spell. However, in the settings option there are a number of different options that the user has to do even more. There is a small section of instructions (small only because it really is so simple to use) as well as an option to change the language. The app supports 19 different languages, which is phenomenal and also means that it could be used as an aid in helping to learn, write in a new language. There is then an ability to select a writing style and this includes the option for UK cursive writing meaning that not only could a student use this to help them spell a word they do not know but they may also want to use it to help them write the word in the correct manner. There is an option available to add writing lines to the text on the screen and also has a dyslexic friendly option where the font and background behind the writing is adjusted to become dyslexic friendly, allowing a range of users to access this app.
Due to all these small features there really is no particular age limit to the uses of the app. Someone who has English as a second language may decide to use it to help them learn the language and spell better; a student may use it to help them spell a word or phrase they do not know or an adult may use it for this reason too. What I don’t think the app can do though is be used as an educational tool to help young people to learn how to spell. There are no strategies, no hints or tips on how to break words down and no way of learning, testing and reflecting on spelling. Where the app does succeed though is in its usability. It really is extremely useful to access and use and in all the strange and difficult phrases I have attempted on it there is been no mistakes. I have even tried speaking in a muffled manner and it still manages to pick up correctly what I am saying. It is these small features that make this app excellent at what it does even though it is quite limited in its range.
Overall this is a highly successful app in doing what it sets out to do.
From the Developer
Need help with spelling and handwriting? Just speak into the app and it will spell it for you.
How often have you heard a child ask, “How do you spell…?"
This is where Easy Spelling Aid takes over.
Your child’s very own spelling and handwriting app.
The first speak and spell education app of its kind geared primarily at children to help with spelling and handwriting.
Easy Spelling Aid is simple to use, extremely responsive and importantly, when writing, delivers instant results. Just say a word or phrase into the app and view the results in upper and lower case letters, atop writing lines to assist with writing.
The app has been fine-tuned, to pick up children’s voices and, in addition to spelling help, gives them an exercise in comprehension and vocabulary. A small, one-time investment will help a child in your life, for years to come as they navigate Primary School and beyond.
“My daughter loves the app. She wants to use it over and over. Love the plain and lined option. Exactly the app I was hoping to find.”
Easy Spelling Aid is the perfect app to help your child spell and write with ease and efficiency in school and at home. Among its many features Easy Spelling Aid supports 19 languages and includes, a group of Dyslexic font options, designed to increase readability for readers with dyslexia and to help with some of the symptoms of dyslexia.
Easy Spelling Aid is a one-of-a-kind spelling app with NO in-app purchases or third-party advertising. Once you’ve downloaded the app, no further purchase is necessary, so you will get regular updates and improvements, completely free.
“I have been so impressed with this app; my daughter whom is in grade 1 loves writing stories and letters and has been using the app when she comes to a word she struggles with. It has given her such confidence in her storytelling and spelling. We have all noticed the improvement! Highly recommend.”
• The controls are very clear, making the app easy to use.
• Quick and responsive.
• View in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Supports 19 Languages
• English (UK, US, Australian), Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
• Speak text.
• Automatic language selection based on device language and region.
• Child friendly safe spelling - profanity is filtered out.
Writing Style, Background and Dyslexic option
• Choose a writing style - 5 styles to select from: UK Cursive 7, US D’Nealian Cursive, Victorian Modern Cursive, NSW Foundation Manuscript and Print Regular.
• Choose a writing background: No writing lines, 3 writing lines and 4 writing lines.
• Choose a Dyslexic option: Open Dyslexic font with colour pairing options.
1. Touch the microphone on the screen.
2. Then speak clearly and directly into the device microphone.
3. Tap Done on the screen to end speaking and the app will process the word or phrase and commence spelling. Or the app will automatically detect end of speech and process the word or phrase and commence spelling.
4. View your results.
5. Select the green return icon to start over.
Change your settings:
• Select a language from the available languages in the drop-down list.
• Select a writing style from the available styles in the drop-down list.
• Select a background from the available backgrounds in the drop-down list.
• Select a dyslexic option from the available options in the drop-down list.
For best results:
• Find a nice quiet space with minimal background noise.
• Single words or phrases.
• Use context to determine the spelling of a word, for example: there, their or they're.
• Speak in a clear tone.
• Easy Spelling Aid requires network connectivity (WiFi, 3G, 4G or GPRS).
• Easy Spelling Aid is designed for iPhone and iPad.
Try Easy Spelling Aid Today!
AgesReception/Preschool Apps (3-5 Years)
Primary School Apps (5-7 Years)
Primary School Apps (7-11 Years)