DreamyKid • Meditation App Just For Kids
DreamyKid Meditation App for Kids is an easy-to-use meditation tool that includes kid-friendly guided visualizations, affirmations, and meditations. Kids can listen to selections for promoting relaxation, falling asleep more easily, focusing for school, and more - living a happier and healthier life.
From the Developer
In just a few minutes every day help your kids live healthier and happier lives with DreamyKid.
The DreamyKid meditation app offers meditation, guided visualization and affirmations curated just for children & teens. It uses proven techniques that teach your kids methods to guide them towards a happier life through mindfulness. From issue-based and general meditations/guided visualizations to affirmations, we will be adding new programs every month.
Use the included free programs or purchase others more suited for your child. It's installed in seconds! Programs that we offer include: trouble sleeping, schoolwork, relaxation, focus, sports-preparation, attention deficit disorder/ADHD and so much more. Easy to use: choose your background mood (music or nature sounds), click on the program and listen while awake or falling asleep. Free for schools and organizations that work with children.
What you get:
- Free Body Scan meditation which is perfect for mornings, before or after sports or just to relax
- Free Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD meditation great to listen to before going to sleep or before school
- Beautiful ambiance backgrounds your child can choose that include nature sounds or ambient music
- Set your play count. Mindfulness programs still work after your child is asleep, much like hypnosis. The subconscious mind continues to take in the healthful suggestions
- Notifications to let you know every time a new program hits our meditation app
- No subscriptions! For now, once you purchase a premium meditation, it's yours to keep!
There is a lot of research going into the field of meditation and children. The science speaks for itself. Here are some of the benefits of using an app like DreamyKid:
- Studies find that youth benefit from learning mindfulness in terms of improved cognitive outcomes, social-emotional skills, and well being. In turn, such benefits may lead to long-term improvements in life. For example, social skills in kindergarten predict improved education, employment, crime, substance abuse and mental health outcomes in adulthood. (Jones, D. E., Greenberg, M., & Crowley, M. 2015)
- A 2010 pilot study found that the Mindful Schools elementary-grades curriculum reduced depressive symptoms among minority children. Researchers randomized 18 minority children at a summer camp to either mindfulness or health education. Children were ages 8-11, and 64% were from Caribbean and Central American countries. An instructor led ten 15-minute lessons from the Mindful Schools curriculum. The mindfulness group showed significantly more reduction in depressive symptoms than the control group. Anxiety results were in the same direction but not as significant. (Liehr, P., & Diaz, N. 2010)
- Numerous studies show improved attention, including better performance on objective tasks. Tests are showing a dramatic improvement for children with ADD and ADHD, sometimes up to 89%.
- People randomly assigned to mindfulness training are more likely to help someone in need and have greater self-compassion.
- Mindfulness is associated with emotion regulation across a number of studies. Meditation creates changes in the brain that correspond to less reactivity, and better ability to engage in tasks even when emotions are activated.
- Studies find that mindfulness reduces feelings of stress and improves anxiety and distress when placed in a stressful social situation.