The Dictionary app from dictionary.com is one of the most popular dictionaries for android. One of the reasons for this might be that it's really much more than 'just' a dictionary.
Apart from 375,000 words and definitions and 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, it also offers audio search (which is way cool) and audio pronunciation, so you can learn to speak (better) english on the go.
It also has example sentences, the Word of the Day - which is one of the most popular features - and the Hot Word blog, which we'll leave up to you to find out.
Features of Dictionary.com app
- 375,000 words and definitions
- 300,000 synonyms and antonyms
- audio search
- audio pronunciation
- Word of the Day
- Hot Word blog
From the Developer
The number one FREE English dictionary app for Android since 2010—with over 2,000,000 definitions and synonyms from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com! OFFLINE access is now available!
- FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
- Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
- FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
- Audio pronunciations
- Idioms & phrases
- Word origin & history
- Voice search
- Favorite words
- Search history
- Spelling suggestions
- IPA and phonetic pronunciations
- Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
- Medical, legal & financial content
- Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
- Word of the Day home screen widget
- Compatible with tablet devices like the Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab
Get the Premium Dictionary.com app to enjoy an ad-free experience with example sentences and more.