Dexteria - Fine Motor Skill Development
From the Developer
* Approved by CommonSenseMedia.org
* Named 2012 "Developer of Distinction" by Apps For Children With Special Needs
* "Editors' Choice Award" by Apps For Children With Special Needs
* Along with LetterReflex and P.O.V., Dexteria is part of our trilogy of essential apps for OTs
* Voted TOP 3 APP for 2011 in SmartAppsForKids.com Reader's Poll
* Voted TOP 10 TRIED AND TRUE CLASSROOM APPS on Teacherswithapps.com
* Voted a Favorite App by A4cwsn Facebook Community
* Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
* Multi-user tracking available as an in-app purchase
* VPP version available for volume purchasers that want multi-user tracking included with the initial purchase
Dexteria is a set of therapeutic hand exercises (not games) to improve fine motor skills and handwriting readiness in children and adults. Dexteria’s unique hand and finger activities take full advantage of the multi-touch interface to help build strength, control, and dexterity.
For best therapeutic results the exercises should be done on a regular basis in short sessions. The exercises are designed to be repeatable and engaging.
The automatic tracking and reporting feature makes it easy for parents, teachers and occupational therapists to identify time on task and progress. You can email the progress reports right from the app itself.
Multi-user tracking is available as an in-app purchase. (Note to Volume Purchase Program customers: Consider buying Dexteria VPP instead. It includes multi-user tracking and you will pay a lower net cost than if you buy Dexteria and upgrade each copy via the in-app purchase. Just search for Dexteria VPP in the app store.)
"Very impressed with this app. I've been looking for something like this for a very long time." - from Apps for Children with Special Needs
"For occupational therapists, the one huge benefit is the ability to track the child's progress." - from YourTherapySource.com
Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
"Outstanding app and I highly recommend it. Children are very motivated to use it. I’m a Pediatric Occupational Therapist and I use it to work on fine motor integration, fine motor precision, hand exercises, handwriting, writing speed, etc." - Authentic app store review
• Increases coordination and motor control in the hands and fingers
• Works for kids and adults
• Automatically creates performance and usage reports that can be emailed
• Speeds recovery from injuries
• Designed in consultation with Occupational Therapists
• Turns the iPad into a therapeutic tool
ATTENTION LICENSED OTs: If you are a licensed OT and have comments about Dexteria, please submit a review and tell us what we did right and where we can improve. We will respond to your comments in the form of free upgrades with product improvements. You can influence the evolution of Dexteria!
We're serious about your privacy. This app does not track or share your personal information with us or anyone else. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements. In summary, we have no idea who you are! :-)