Color & Draw for kids HD
From the Developer
A complete art world for kids: color, play with stickers, or draw over photos!
Color & Draw is a complete artistic solution for TABLETS. It invites kids to draw, color and decorate drawings or photographs. Coloring pages have voice over invitations to get their creative juices flowing.
It has been designed and tested for Honeycomb and 10 inch Tablets. All it's assets are for high resolution screens and takes advantage of hardware acceleration features of Android 3.1. This app supports only PORTRAIT mode which in our experience is better for kids.
NOW PHONE EDITION AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET.
***iPad edition was the Winner of Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award 2010***
It is really 3 apps in 1
1. A drawing and sketching app with white and black backgrounds
2. A coloring book app with 50 exquisite drawings of fun topics including animals, professions and landscapes (no TV cartoons, they watch enough TV as it is...) It's an Artistic Springboard where some drawings are "incomplete" so children, guided by voice over instructions, can creatively interact with the drawing.
3. A photo decorator where kids can draw over your own photos from the Gallery or directly from the Camera and draw over them or decorate them with stickers.
Digital coloring books can be entertaining, but they can instill passivity in kids. Tap and a color field automatically fills a shape. Or, paint and the app keeps your color stroke within the lines for you. This gets boring fast. Apps that only offer blank pages for 'free drawing' can be a little intimidating for the youngest children. And many so-called activity books are too ambiguous or too difficult for little children to decode on their own, leaving them asking: "Dad, what do I draw now?" and "Mom, what am I supposed to do here?"
Tipitap pushes the limits of traditional coloring apps harnessing the possibilities of the touch screen environments. Color&Draw boasts beautifully crafted, specially designed springboard drawings, voice recorded invitations for all drawing for children to add to or complete the drawings, a lovely color palette, multiple stroke and erasers, and stickers. Kids or they parents can share their creations via email or save them to the device's gallery.
The drawings are simple enough for young children to explore drawing and colors, to go beyond realism and to expand the limits of their imagination. The voice prompt invitations give kids autonomy over the app. Each illustration presents an opportunity to enhance both skills and imagination. And, of course, to have fun with art making.
* 50 cute and smart, custom illustrations by our professional art department
* Three fun strokes: pencil, emboss brush and air brush.
* Fun, age-appropriate themes: animals, professions and natural settings
* Save drawings to the in-app Art Gallery, your device photo album or share them via email
* multitouch support
* Import images to draw over
* 50 custom voice over invitations
* Real finger painting. Not the classic "the-machine-fills-it-for-you" app engine! Kids develop and improve their fine motor skills and creativity.
* Limited curated color palette. Enough colors choices for a full spectrum of artistic expression yet restricted so kids are not overwhelmed by too many options.
* Multiple eraser options
* Multiple fun backgrounds to draw on.
* More coloring pages available for in app purchase
NOTE: You can lock the in apps from the settings menu. In apps have a child lock to avoid accidental purchase by young children.
Recognition for the iPad edition
Among 10 Top Paid App iTune Rewind Education 2010.
Featured in the NYTimes Tech Blog
The Technology Review Editor's Choice Award is given to only the highest quality children’s products in the interactive media category. These are “no fail” products, worthy of their cost, and able to keep children engaged for days at a time.
Learning fun. Fun learning.
Toddler, sketch, pad, chalk, painting, paint, kid art, studio, photo decorator, drawing,