Autism & PDD Problem Solving
From the Developer
Tasks help students develop problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Buddy Bear products have a huge following among speech-language pathologists and early interventionists for the proven techniques they use to improve communication skills in children with autism spectrum disorders. Use Buddy Bear to help students develop problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Learning strategies in the app target the unique learning needs of children with autism and developmental disabilities:
- simple, predictable language
- uncluttered illustrations
- reassuring audio narration
- open-ended responses
Children choose the correct answer with an easy one-click response. Back, forward, and repeat arrows provide easy screen navigation. The stories are fully narrated and a friendly “Good job!” reinforces correct responses.
- Solving a Problem - answer “what” questions to solve problems
- Cause and Effect - answer a "why" question to determine cause and effect
- Predicting - infer and predict what Buddy Bear is going to do based on the items he has
- Sequencing - identify Buddy Bear’s next step
- Comparing - identify how two items are the same