Autism Discovery Tool
The Autism Discovery Tool: Sensory from Within is a mobile app that aims to improve sensory environments for people on the autism spectrum by giving people in home, school, and community settings, the skills to better understand and communicate about how sensory perception can effect people on the spectrum in different ways.
From the Developer
Explore the sensory world of autism and experience first-hand some of the diversity found on the spectrum. Let the Autism Discovery Tool help you better understand and communicate about sensory and autism in your life.
Come explore, discover, and experience your way through the seven senses. Find hidden tools that deliver sensory strategies to each sense’s toolbox. Learn language to help you understand and communicate how the senses can impact life in the home, school, and community. Autistic individuals can use this app to gain self-awareness and help facilitate communication and sharing, while others in the home, school, or community can use this app to develop a better understanding of autism. Parents, teachers, therapists, and other professionals will benefit from using this powerful tool for helping others, individually or in groups, to learn and communicate about sensory and autism.
- Explore the 7 senses, each showcasing 4 variations on a “typical” sensory experience
- Each sense has its own unique scenario with engaging activities and interactive features
- Find hidden tools within each sense to discover sensory strategies and fill each sense’s toolbox
- Language, experiences, and tools facilitate and encourage better communication about autism and the senses
- Open-ended, exploratory gaming style can be enjoyed by a diverse range of ages, abilities, and communication styles
- Fun, interactive, low-barrier learning environment creates a unique play experience every time
- To be shared and enjoyed amongst autistic individuals, siblings, parents, grandparents, friends, classmates, teachers, and others in the community
- Kid-friendly – no in-app purchases, advertisements, or outside links
An essential tool for every home, school, and community setting touched by autism.